Dr. Steven Reynolds
Dr. Reynolds is a researcher and actively practicing critical care physician at the Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster. He is the recipient of the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation Professorship in Critical Care at Simon Fraser University to support his research on Ventilator induced diaphragm dysfunction and negative pressure ventilation. He has been awarded 2 CIHR grants as the principle investigator to explore the impact of phrenic nerve stimulation on mitigating ventilator induced diaphragm dysfunction.
- Heyland DK, Johnson AP, Reynolds S, Muscedere J. Procalcitonin for Reduced Antibiotic Exposure in the Critical Care Setting: A Systematic Review and an Economic Evaluation. J Crit Care. In press.
- Al-Rawahi G, Reynolds S, Bowie W, Roscoe D, Porter S, Doyle P. Community-Associated CMRSA-10 (USA-300) is the Predominant Strain among Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Strains Causing Skin and Soft Tissue Infections in Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department of a Tertiary Care Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. J Emer Med. 2010;38:1. 6-11.
- Kiers HD, Griesdale DE, Litchfield A, Reynolds S, Gibney RT, Chittock D, Pickkers P, Sweet D. Effect of early achievement of physiologic resuscitation goals in septic patients admitted from the ward on the kidneys. J Crit Care. 2010;25:4. 563-569.
- Keirs, HD, Litchfield A, Reynolds S, Griesdale D, Gibney RT, Pickkers P, Chittock D, Sweet DD. Early goal-directed therapy of septic patients coming from the ward does not protect the kidneys. Crit Care 2009, 13(Suppl 1):p259.
- Reynolds S, Chow A. Severe Soft Tissue Infections of the Head and Neck: A primer for Critical Care Physicians. Lung. 2009 Sep-Oct;187(5):271-9. Epub 2009 Aug 5.
- Nguyen ET, Kanne JP, Hoang LMN, Reynolds S, Dhingra V, Bryce E, Müller NL Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Pneumonia: Radiographic and Computed Tomography Findings. J Thorac Imaging. 2008 Feb;23:1. 9-13.
- Reynolds S, Ronco J. Correlation does not equal Causation [Editorial]. Crit Care Med. 2008;36:3. 983-4.
- Reynolds S, Chow A. Life-threatening Deep Fascial Space Infections of the Head and Neck. Infect Dis Clin N Am 2007;21:2. 557-576.
- Reynolds S, Galanis E, Ableson W, Krajden M, Morshad M, Bowering D, Kollmann T. Imported Fatal Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007;13:9. 1424-1425.
- Reynolds, S. Listeria Monocytogenes: A probable case of endovascular graft infection and a microbiological and clinical summary of the literature. Microbiology 2006;49:5. 61-71.